Enki, the Duolingo of programming

I want to talk about a tool that I use to reenforce programming concepts that I have learned. Enki, is the best app to use on a daily basis to embed programming syntax and concepts into your brain. And the best part is, it's free and it only takes about 10 minutes every day!

Enki has mini modules to give you information about a particular topic and then give you a question to help you see if you understand how to use that knowledge. The topics that they provide include: Web Development, Python, Javascript Java, SQL, Linux, Computer Science topics, Git, and Computer Security. 

My advice to get the most out of this app is to pick at most three topics at a time to try and master. The app allows you to pick what skill level you believe to be in the particular area that you have chosen and build from there. The app also allows you to switch levels at anytime so if you thought that you were an expert in Java but then feel overwhelmed about the questions thrown at you, you are able to drop down to the level of familiar or confident at anytime and vice versa. I personally use this app to improve my Git, Java, and Linux skills as I see myself needing to improve in these three fields the most to improve my career options. 

In order for me to go over these three topics it usually only takes me about 10 to 15 minutes a day and I can honestly say that it has improved my recall in using Git, Java, and Linux common commands so I don't have to Google simple syntax to do basic programming.

Enki's app is available in Apple's app store and the Google Play Store. If you are serious about improving your skills as a programmer I highly recommend this app.

Thanks for reading!






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save yourself a future headache and learn the command line

"A New Hope" for Computer Science students

Git is my version control system of choice