Coursera Stanford Machine Learning

   While I make my progress through learning machine learning, I will talk about the courses that I take. The first course that I have completed is the machine learning course taught by Andrew Ng. Andrew Ng is the co-founder of Coursera and has taught at Stanford University as well as worked with companies to make groundbreaking progress in artificial intelligence. The class is free to take and gives you insight into both the mathematical and practical applications of machine learning. This course includes, linear regression, logistic regression, k-means clustering, principal component analysis, applications of neural networks, and others as well. The course takes 11 weeks to complete with about 3 hours committed to each week if you watch all the videos, take all the quizzes, and complete the programming assignment at the end of each week. The course uses Octave as the programming language for the programming assignments. I had no experience in Octave before taking the course and I was able to learn as the course went along to complete all of the assignments.

If you are interested in taking the course, the link is provided below
Stanford Machine Learning Coursera


Thank you for reading my blog, if you ever have any questions feel free to message me on here about your questions about machine learning and I would be happy to try and answer them. Best of luck on finding your path to become a Data Scientist!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save yourself a future headache and learn the command line

"A New Hope" for Computer Science students

Git is my version control system of choice